Wednesday 9 September 2009

Football, the sheep and the slaughter

So, for once I actually have a bit of energy which I've used to do exciting things like washing, bed making (untidying is more fun - any offers?) cleaning and general housey work. Too much! Far far too much...

It's the football tonight. Yep millions of sheep (sorry I mean people) will be watching the game in the hope that England qualify for the World cup. I wouldn't watch it for two reasons 1 Nobody and I do mean nobody deserves to get paid 100,000+ for a weeks work (or one game of football) It is the people who buy the tickets and the merchandise that make this possible. People will say err you go to watch a movie don't you? Well, yes actors and actresses get paid way too much too but BUT they work three months for their money not 1hour and a half. It's disgusting...

And two I would rather watch paint dry. Sorry, if you like it I'm not judging you really just our (sigh) society as a whole. Ok, I am judging you... now go and live vicariously through your heroes.

I watched the pilot of Warehouse 13 last night. It was ok, slightly over-long for the story they were trying to tell. But it has potential and it's JaneE so I gotta give it a chance...

I just bought Best of the best 1 - 4 for £7 DVD's are stupidly cheap now. I love martial arts (as you probably know) I've been waiting for over a week for my Smallville Blu-ray from a well known online music store. They seem to take ages...

I really should get those photos and nitpicks done for the website but I just can't find the time atm. I got Maria Sharapova's autograph from her agent yesterday. She's gorgeous and a great athlete (before you start - tennis players don't get paid anywhere near as much as footballers do and they look much better in a short skirt)

If you're reading this and you have an FAQ question send it to me on the twitter page.

www.twitter.com/whedonverse

and I'll feature it on the main website. Because you're reading this blog I'm gonna give you first dibs! Tomorrow I'll be posting the link on the main website (on the welcome message) so get in there before everyone else does :)

Until tomorrow. Thanks for reading and enjoy the football.

Steven Lee is the creator of Whedonverse and Whedonverse forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment