Friday 11 September 2009

The routine

Stand ups, are they funny? I mean I like Lee Evans (I've grown up with his comedy) but I was watching Alan Carr last night and he barely made me snigger. And yet the audience were in hysterics leading me to believe that I don't have a funny bone. Of course I do, comedy is of course a personal taste. What I find funny is usually character based - sitcoms. Because I find them witty (Frasier) or surreal (Family Guy, Scrubs) or simply because I know these people "in real life" Not the actors but people who are like the characters. However stand up comedy is often cruel and damn right smutty (Roy chubby brown) and I used to like that as a teenager. But now I find it quite boring. I can't think of a single stand up that I like apart from Lee Evans (maybe I just haven't seen enough of them) but without characters the joke falls flat.

My body clock is all over the place (no routine you see) sometimes I'll go to be at 12 or 1 or 2 and then I'll get up at 9 or 10 or 11 and because of this my body doesn't know what the hell is going on. I really need a routine (bed at 11 up at 7 for example) but I'm strangely awake at night and exhausted during the day. When it gets to night time I don't wanna go to bed when "this film is on" or I'm enjoying my DVD's. So, I usually end up staying up too long and regretting it the next day. I've tried to get up early before but what with coeliac I'm tired anyway so a sixteen hour day is difficult and I'll end up napping. I must try though as I really wanna start training again for kickboxing. Yeah, I do it now and again anyway but I'd love to do it everyday.

The website has a new poll, the ultimate Buffy season part 2 and i still want your twitter questions. Is anybody reading this?

Steven Lee is the creator of Whedonverse and Whedonverse forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment