Thursday 20 August 2009

Parents and individuality....

Mood. Bad and tired. Music Rihanna (what? She's hot) Food. Erm...none but lots of caffiene

Website: nothing to report http://www.whedonverse.co.uk/

GRR... frack frack frack (I think my no swearing record is about to be broken)

My mother had an operation on her bunion yesterday and I've just come back from the hospital with my dad. He was being such a twat, making snide comments at my expense and having a go at the way people on the road were driving. He couldn't understand why anybody would want to listen to music instead of listening to the cricket on the radio. I'm not a fan of sport apart from WWE (it's Summerslam on Sunday!) the occasional boxing match, extreme sports and Wimbledon every year. That sounds a lot but my dad watches Sport every day. It doesn't matter what it is - he watches it.

He's been in a stupid fucking mood all day. Don't get me wrong I love my dad but he drives me crazy half of the time. The old saying is true...you can't choose your family but you can choose your friends. I can understand where he's coming from as my mum will need massive attention during the next three months but still... when I'm in a mood I don't take it out on everyone around me. He does that's the difference. Hey, I think this blog might be quite therapeutic... if you have one follow me and I'll leave you a comment or two...

Am I an individual?

Well, are you? Is anyone? I like to think I am but the truth is there are thousands if not millions of other people that dress and hold the same beliefs that I do. There are many people that have a passion for piercings and those same people probably listen to alternative music. But do they like martial arts, meditation and camomile tea? What about Earl Grey?

Do those same people love the Whedonverse? WWE? Comic book films and television series? Do they have coeliac disease, eczema and asthma? Are they agnostic? Do they collect autographs?

Hm...maybe. Individuality is over-rated anyway.

Steven Lee is the creator of Whedonverse and Whedonverse forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment